All human beings are born free and equal in dignity and rights. They are endowed with reason and conscience and should act towards one another in a spirit of brotherhood.

(Article 1 of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights in Burmese)

No one shall be subjected to arbitrary arrest, detention or exile.

Article 9:

Those who have the kindness of benefit for others

For the sake of living beings, do not relax their powers.

Though these holy beings bear a heavy burden,

They never put it down and dwell in discouragement.

*the Great Chariot Sutra*

Burma is known as a golden land made of several ranges (or ‘Yoma’ in Burmese) where thousands of tribal memories, wisdoms, religions, cultures and beauties of plants and animals dwell. The rivers, all of them are indeed important to the people and other existences, snake through these beautiful mountainous regions and flow from the north to the south where Indian Ocean is. The peoples, Burma has 103 ethnics, all of them used to be really generous and all they knew was to give.

Since the modern day’s dictators have systematically destroyed, now the golden land is famous for its narcotic trades, refugees, migrant workers and various atrocities and sufferings.

One day, we’ll be free again and the land will be again famous for its beauty.

Hum In My Ears


Hum Experience

The sound is like nonstop bell ringing. The sound is not of metal but glass, very sharp and its tones are so close. At night, it is stronger because of silence. So whenever it is quiet, it rings louder. If concentrate on it, it gets louder. Sometimes tones change and become a different frequency. This change is very clear. Sometimes the ears are blocked by the tones sometimes the ear is open and frequency change. That’s what I remember for now.

The Start

It started when I was still very young, about 15 in Burma. I read a meditation article and it said the ringing can appear when the concentration becomes stronger. And soon I noticed it happened to me. It never left me ever since.

Emotion

First I didn’t feel bad about it. However, sometimes later it became something serious and made me stressed. I felt like being imprisoned. It was still bearable. It lasted until I accepted it and not resisting anymore. I became to accept it because I had no choice but to calm my mind and control it not to feel too bad. Now understand the two conditions of mind and I try not to let go of my mind to the wrong side.  

Physical Symptom

I always feel my ears are blocked. I have to pick the ear web very often. When I was young, my ears were not oily. I saw my friend ear oily and I thought it might be good and it became to happen to me. I was told to pick the ear web when I was young. I did it often and even hurt my ears. Water got into the ears often. It seems the shape of the ears is not water proof. Actually I wash my head everyday and this could be the case causing water to get in. I think my hair and ears are naturally oily.

Its Effect in My Life

Often I lose concentration when I am listening to something because I am hearing the hum and what I’m listening to appear unclear. People sometimes asked me to learn to listen because I appeared not listening. Yes, I was not listening properly because I couldn’t hear properly. It’s more disturbing when answering the phone. But I can still hear though as the hum is only distracting. As I don’t listen much, I became to speak more and think more. And now I usually write my ideas down.

As Meditation Object

I sometimes listen to the hum. The more attention I pay to it, the louder it becomes. And it is also enjoyable. I think it’s good to listen to it and use it for a good reason. 


As I can't stop hearing it, now I'm hearing it in my left ear. When the environment is quiet, I can hear hum in both ears. Expensive experience.  

No comments:

Blog Archive

Popular Posts

Powered By Blogger

Search This Blog

HTML Comment Box is loading comments...