All human beings are born free and equal in dignity and rights. They are endowed with reason and conscience and should act towards one another in a spirit of brotherhood.

(Article 1 of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights in Burmese)

No one shall be subjected to arbitrary arrest, detention or exile.

Article 9:

Those who have the kindness of benefit for others

For the sake of living beings, do not relax their powers.

Though these holy beings bear a heavy burden,

They never put it down and dwell in discouragement.

*the Great Chariot Sutra*

Burma is known as a golden land made of several ranges (or ‘Yoma’ in Burmese) where thousands of tribal memories, wisdoms, religions, cultures and beauties of plants and animals dwell. The rivers, all of them are indeed important to the people and other existences, snake through these beautiful mountainous regions and flow from the north to the south where Indian Ocean is. The peoples, Burma has 103 ethnics, all of them used to be really generous and all they knew was to give.

Since the modern day’s dictators have systematically destroyed, now the golden land is famous for its narcotic trades, refugees, migrant workers and various atrocities and sufferings.

One day, we’ll be free again and the land will be again famous for its beauty.

Strange Dream

You may have faith but don’t let faith have you! If a faith devours its followers, isn’t it the same to a lion devours its preys?
That thought came to me yesterday as reading how HIV patients died in believing and did what they were told “believe in God and stop taking the medication”. I did think about how faith and cults can be as dangerous as the demons that eat people.

I was about to ask that question on Yahoo Answer but I gave the idea up.

But there have been demon worshipers who clearly know how the demons eat people. They’d feed their demons anyway?!

I didn’t go to bed with that thought though. But I dreamed about three people me, someone who wore like Jesus Christ and a third person I didn’t notice properly. There was a person who had a lion, rather an invisible lion that appeared, commanded his lion to chase the one who looked like Jesus Christ and there we three had to run from the lion chasing us.

I didn’t know how we three could climb a hill quite high but not tiring and it was rocky. There I (alone) met a few people sitting on a bench waiting for bus to come – that was a bus stop looked very much modern and the design was quite unique and high class. I told those people about the lion coming and they laughed and I could clearly see they later saw the lion themselves and they might get panicky – not sure if it was my wishing thought happened in that dream. I didn’t know where or which direction the other two went but they disappeared from the dream completely. I didn’t see they got trouble or out of trouble.

The bus stop was on my left-hand side. There was a low wall behind the bus stop which I climbed over and continued running down that hill. There I saw some buildings at the other side of the hill and a stairs to climb down the hill. I ran down that stairs where I saw a broken landing (the only one) made of jade. I safely landed on the edge of that landing and kept running. I noticed the lion was not after me. I didn’t know the fates of the other two and those waiting for a bus at the bus stop.

And the dream ended there as I woke up. It was about 4:46AM.

A fact is I do believe Jesus existed as a revolutionist opposing the Romans’ occupation of his land. But I believe him not as a god or son of god. I also believe he (his image) has been used by some people in the past for their own purpose. Maybe my dream has something to do with my views.

When I woke up from the dream, I immediately thought that the stairs and landing might be Buddhism which can be a little broken but safe enough for me. As I’m writing about the hill, I recall I also read an article about a hill and stones. I don’t know if anything to do with it.

20 October 2011
Min Khin Kyaw

No comments:

Blog Archive

Popular Posts

Powered By Blogger

Search This Blog

HTML Comment Box is loading comments...